Top 5 Places to Watch Outdoor Movies in D.C.
What better way to spend your summer nights than to watch a movie under the stars. Luckily, the D.C. area has plenty of outdoor theaters ready for a crowd. We have made a list of our favorite spots and showtimes for the summer of 2018. Grab your lawn chairs and blankets and get ready for the fun!
Union-Market Drive In
The Union-Market Drive-In is back! Bring your date or the whole family for a night of fun under the stars. Guests can come by car, bike, or foot to watch the shows. Snacks and refreshments will be offered by market vendors. There is a $10 charge for car parking!
- Raiders of the Lost Ark- May 11th
- Clueless- June 1st
- Like Water for Chocolate- July 6th
- Black Panther- August 3rd
- The Lion King- September 7th
- Cool Runnings- October 5th
- Hocus Pocus- November 2nd
Check their website for more information on the specific show-times.
Georgetown Sunset Cinema
If you’re in the mood for movies that “rock,” check out Georgetown Sunset Cinema. Every Tuesday at sunset they will be showing movies the whole family can enjoy. Movies start around 8:30.
- Dirty Dancing-July 10th
- Pitch Perfect- July 17th
- Footloose- July 24th
- Dreamgirls- July 31st
- Grease- August 7th
Noma summer screen
Each Wednesday at Sunset, head down to The Lot at First & Pierce for the NoMa summer movie series. This year the theme is Wonder Women and all movies will feature strong female leads. Every movie is subtitled. Bring your family and four-legged friends to these hits.
- 10 Things I Hate About You- June 6th
- Mulan- June 13th
- Chicago- June 20th
- Mad Max: Fury Road- June 27th
- Matilda- July 11th
- A League of Their Own- July 18th
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story- July 25th
- Pitch Perfect- August 1st
- Moana- August 8th
- Thelma and Louise- August 15th
- Ghostbuster- August 22nd
- Wonder Woman- August 29th
Check out their website for information about showtimes and the food trucks that will be serving each night.
Every Friday starting in early June, you can enjoy free movies in Farragut Park. Hundreds of people come to the park to enjoy Golden Cinema, a 10 week long outdoor movie series. The movie list for this year includes:
- The Post- June 1st
- The Devil Wears Prada- June 8th
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off- June 15th
- La La Land- June 22nd
- Beauty and the Beast- June 29th
- Back to the Future- July 6th
- Coco- July 13th
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle- July 20th
- Casablanca- July 27th
- Black Panther- August 3rd
Bring your chairs and blankets to the Mayor’s Office on Asian and Pacific Islander Affairs this summer for a fun Asian-themed movie experience. Popcorn and popsicles will be provided. The movies start once it gets dark, so get there early for the perfect spot. The movie line-up includes:
- Along With The Gods- June 13th
- Life of Pi- July 18th
- The Scent of Green Papaya- August 15th
- Kung Fu Panda 3- September 21st
No matter your movie genre of choice, D.C. has a film for everyone. Invite the whole family or enjoy a date night with your significant other. For more information on other D.C. area attractions, read this post.
What is your favorite D.C. movie spot?
Post a Comment